Saturday, September 12, 2009

Where is my head?

What a freaking day so far. It's one of the absolute last days of some nice weather before the latter part of fall hits and then you know what season is upon us. Shit. Time flies for sure and it seems like yesterday I was stuck on my couch with a thrown out back, whining and hoping I'd heal fast. That was June. Here we are in September and I must say, you know those "getting to know you" emails that friends send you and there is that question about your favorite season, I always say Summer but guess what my friends, get to know me all over again, I now prefer the fall. The weather is just right. Most days we are at 15-20 degrees celsius and at nights, 5-15 with a nice breeze. Thank you Jebus.
I wanted to do so much this summer: camping, biking, hiking and so on. But I guess due to my lack of staying healthy, my body had other plans for me. I think it got in a fight with my mind and it won. I feel like I'm falling apart and the mind over matter issue isn't doing so well. We'll see about that. This isn't over, body! I shall prevail!!
So today for the first time in almost two weeks, I think I've got the BP issue under control. Woke up with a slight headache but it went away fast and I've been feeling good all day. Hopefully I'll stay on track this time and treat my body right and my heart. It's scary all the shit you learn about when you take the time to read about it and it's too bad most of us only do it when something happens to us. We should be aware of everything going on as we age. But I guess not knowing is worse than knowing and learning all the things that can happen. I think I'd rather know. Yeah, I would.

Don't squeeze the charmin.........

D.

No comments:

Post a Comment