Thursday, September 10, 2009

What gets my goat

Upon heading toward work this fine morning, I thought I'd blog about something everyone talks about on a regular basis. Plain and simple, things that piss us off.
1. Driving
Now, I know I'm not a super A-1 driver out on the road but I do my best to adhere to the rules of the road and know pretty much all the basic rules and then some, but when I see someone doing something stupid or just plain ignorant when driving, it really gets my goat. This morning I'm on my way to work and I'm heading on to Wheeler Blvd via one of the many marvelous on ramps or whatever they are called and I see a car coming up along side of me and no cars behind this vehicle nor any on the outside lane and this marvel of human stupidity stays in the lane and we are now side by side all the while I've had my signal on to move into the lane to get on to Wheeler. Jackass decides to stick with his route and not move for me so I speed up and get in front of him and he does this dramatic brake and avoid into the other lane and still no cars in his immediate area, as if I was the one causing the problem.
Is this not a basic known rule of highway driving? When you see a car coming from the merge lane to get on the highway, do you not move over to the outside lane if it's available? I mean, what the Hell? Is there a mental block in some people that prevents them from thinking correctly while driving? Situation: You see a car in the merge lane, nothing around you, move the fuck over Einstein.
2. Reality shows.
WTF? There's nothing real about them except for the fact they are happening with people in front of you on TV. I can't remember the last time I was stuck on an Island with 20 people and we had barely any means to live and each week voted someone off. In reality if you did that, where the fuck does that person go? Magically back to civilization or do they just up and vanish like a fart in the wind? Or what about being in a house of 15 people where they talk about each other, conspire to defeat each other and what's with the shit in the backyard where you play different crazy dumb games to win immunity or become the head person of the house. I lived in a house with 5 people and played in my backyard but not to beat the other one and be safe from shit in the house or become the head person. We had a head person, he was called Dad. He didn't need to prove a damn thing to let us know who ruled the house. Or how about this race around the world? In reality, have you ever just sat around, looked at your friend and said, "Hey, let's call up 8 more teams of two or couples and challenge them to a race around the world?" Then you travel to places you don't know about until the last minute at the end of leg of the race only to find you have dick all for information of the area, don't know the language and have to get to another location as fast as you possibly fucking can using what you know of the area. Which is nothing. Yeah, that all seems real to me. And all this time of growing up, getting a job and living a regular life must be the false sense of life we aren't supposed to be living. I'll book a flight or take a cruise somewhere hoping to get shipwrecked or crash and try surviving on an Island with a group of people and every day pray I don't get voted off.

I'll leave it at two items for today as I think I babbled on enough with those topics. I could have gone more but felt I should stop. Should I have? LOL.

Enjoy the day my friends.

D.

No comments:

Post a Comment