Tuesday, November 17, 2009

The end is near, stock up on water now!

Okay, here we go. Dec. 12, 2012. I've talked to a few people, read some web sites and recently heard the report that NASA has concluded that nothing will happen and the world will not end on this date. The Mayan calendar ends at that time but it simply meant that that's as far was they went with their calendar system and I can't comprehend as to why they went that far ahead with their calendar. Did they have great ideas for pin-up girls or hot rod calendars going that far out? I mean these guys vanished. Where did they go? They had so much time planned for something hundreds of years in to the future. Why did the vanish? Did someone taint the kool-aid?
I've read some websites from physicists, astronomers with degrees and so on and they all say the same thing. The world is not going to end. Stop panicking. Now, I've also talked to friends and like me, they all like to spread their theory of what's to come and that's fine but I'm calling it now for those of you without doctorates or a degree in astro-physics who say that we are in for a huge disaster or the world is going to end; THE WORLD WILL NOT SUFFER A MAJOR DISASTER NOR END. Now, the world is not going to end on that day but I never said that it's inevitable someday this planet will cease to exist. Be it our own demise, an asteroid, the sun burning out or the planet exploding from a blast from the deathstar, it will happen. Hell, I could wake up tomorrow dead from a huge meteor shower that hit earth, it's going to end somehow or someway but none of us know for sure how it will end. So until then, don't believe the hype and carry on with your life until you know for sure that this is the end. And hey, we all go sometime, question is, will it be before the world ends or due to the world ending?
I also believe that the world will be around for a long, long time and so shall we. Know how I know? Because Gene Roddenberry says so. He wasn't just a visionary, he was from the future. Plain and simple. Gene came back to shed some light into what the human race is ahead for and I for one am jealous that I won't be around to meet Seven of nine, tell Jordi his visor is actually a hair clip over his eyes, ask Kirk how many women he slept with or measure my junk along side with Data knowing every time that he'd win because he is fully functional and can make his wang to any appropriate size needed. Come on, if you watched TNG, you saw the episode and all thought the same thing.
Time to go, I have a date with a measuring tape.

Forget tomorrow and live today.

D.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you D.. Finally someone else who is not worried about 2012.. Geeze

    ReplyDelete